Our specialist advisors will secure the best mortgage rates for your self-employed status, period. As a 100% independent broker, we have access to every self-employed friendly lender out there, large and small. Whichever model you deploy to pay yourself, we can match your income to an appropriate lender.
That’s because we’ve all been where you are today. Each mortgage advisor on our staff knows how difficult and frustrating it can be arranging competitive mortgages.
We understand the issues and frustrations that independent professionals face on the High Street:
- self-employed mortgage criteria and your tax returns seem at odds with one another;
- an irregular source of income, and/or a lack of trading history compounds the problem;
- and try getting a self-employed mortgage with one year’s accounts!
- criteria changing by the day as lenders come out of lockdown*.
We’re a team of award-winning self-employed mortgage brokers and founders of our brand. Having been in your shoes, we have a distinct edge over brokers aren’t specialists.
Regardless of your trading structure or employment status, we’ll know the best lenders for you. *Only by dealing with lenders every day do we know where they’re at in terms of applications and staffing as they emerge from the crisis. We’ll find you the best mortgage deal on the market, always with a renowned High Street lender.
Even if you’ve applied direct and failed (as many of our clients have), we can often help through our extended network. Furthermore, we’ll make the entire process as simple, hassle-free and painless as possible. Here’s why we’re different…
Matching the right self employed mortgage to your needs!
Our customers span the entire self-employed spectrum; we work with:
- sole traders;
- company directors and partnerships;
- limited company contractor;
- umbrella company workers.
All have specific self-employed mortgage requirements, based on their unique circumstances. Unlike other brokers, we know how to highlight your true mortgage affordability.
Our knowledge and experience gives us the ability and confidence to arrange self employed mortgages for:
- Limited Company Directors;
- Drawing low salary and dividends? Great for tax planning; not so good for mortgage affordability;
- In-branch advisors will use declared income as the sole base of your mortgage affordability;
- We know your budget stretches beyond drawings and salary, but how do you make a High Street lender see that?
- Sole Traders;
- Mention the words ‘sole trader’ to a mortgage advisor and they make a snap decision about you;
- The first documentation they’ll ask you for is three years’ accounts and trading history;
- Next, they’ll demand at least 25% deposit, maybe more;
- Even then, they can reject your application, seeing you as too high risk;
- We work with lenders who provide bespoke self employed mortgage loans for sole traders. Even if you have just one year’s accounts, we can help.
- The number of contractor-friendly lenders is growing at a phenomenal rate, many with our help;
- More lenders use contract day rates as the base of mortgage affordability than ever before!
- If you’ve gone direct to High Street lenders, you might think we’re talking nonsense? Not so!
- We work with specialist head-office underwriters direct and package contractors’ applications ‘just so’;
- When we present your mortgage application, you’ll soon see the difference a specialist broker can make.
- IT Contractors;
- As an IT contractor, you’re the apple of a mortgage lender’s eye.
- Halifax implemented contract-based underwriting as we know it because of your speciality;
- Information technology remains in high demand, comprising skill sets that command high day rates;
- Because of these circumstances, contractor-friendly lenders want your business;
- Even if a traditional self employed mortgage loan has been off limits, we’ll secure your mortgage using your day rate.
- Freelancers provided the backbone of UK labour market growth during post-2008 economic recovery;
- With flexibility and specialist skills, their never-say-die attitude enabled businesses to remain competitive;
- But did the mortgage lenders move in tandem with this growth? In a word, no!
- We understand freelancers’ continued contribution to the economy and how profitable such businesses can be;
- We can highlight your true affordability to lenders using our bespoke freelance mortgage underwriting.
One quick call back; a lifetime of benefits
Everyone gets their 15 minutes of fame, so Andy Warhol alleged back in 1968. We can’t promise you fame. But if you’ve got 15 minutes to spare, we could change the course of your life.
Is that too bold a statement? I think not.
The key to our success is getting to know our self-employed clients. If we can understand your business and your situation, we can match you with a lender specific to them.
This is so important. An informal chat with one of our advisors is all it takes, too. We can then get you a mortgage deal that’s as good as, if not better than, a permanent employee’s.
Buying a home should be liberating, not an added weight on your shoulders
When you buy your home, it shouldn’t feel like you’ve inherited a millstone around your neck. We know how important it is to have an affordable mortgage that’s also within your budget.
With a mortgage at a competitive interest rate, self employed people have other opportunities.
You can put the money you save on your monthly payments aside for a rainy day or special milestone.
Maybe reinvest it in your business or take that well-earned break. Or even better, overpay on your monthly mortgage repayments to cut years off its term.
These are all possible just by securing a competitive rate from the outset.
How to get the ball rolling: callback or online quote
To get started, complete our callback form; one of our mortgage advisors will be in touch with you shortly thereafter. Or just click on one of our mortgage products below. We’ll give you a bespoke, guideline mortgage quote based on your input.
Just to underline, our quote isn’t a firm offer. It’s just an outline of how much you have the potential to borrow based on the figures you provide.
When you’re ready to take the next step, then we’ll offer a decision in principle. At that point we’ll liaise with one of our specialist self employed mortgage lenders for you.
Independent brokers for independent professionals
Self Employed Mortgages is a “Whole of Market” mortgage broker. We’re not tied to a specific provider or panel of lenders.
Our independence gives you unprecedented flexibility of choice. It also gives you a huge advantage.
We know the challenges and frustrations that self-employed professionals face applying for a mortgage. It’s because of these unnecessary barriers that we built the business you see today.
Lenders know that we know the ins, outs and nuances of being self employed. They’re happy to receive our self employed mortgage enquiries.
Why? Because we package mortgage applications with only the relevant documentation.
We know what information they need to make a confident, swift decision. Your application in our hands will save them, you and us precious time.
Because of this, our self-employed clients hail from a variety of markets and industries. They include, but are not limited to:
- Management Consultants;
- Health Care Professionals and Medics;
- Surgeons and Consultants;
- Doctors and GPs;
- Financial Services;
- IT Technicians and contractors.
Boss Underwriting for savvy entrepreneurs
Even if you’ve just started out and can only provide one year’s trading accounts, don’t worry. We have direct lines to lenders and underwriters who’d still like to hear from you.
They, like us, understand your unique employment status. They appreciate that trading accounts may not give a true reflection of your earnings. Nor, for that matter, your disposable income for verification of affordability.
Our mortgages for self-employed are from mainstream lenders, even if you think they’re off limits. They’re not. You just need to leverage our relationships with them to unlock the potential of your income.